This replica newspaper all about VE Day is an ideal resource to support the teaching of World War 2 topics or for those with an interest in World War 2. This is an 8 page edition of the Daily Sketch newspaper from Tuesday May 8th 1945.
Key Articles [subject to change]
- This is VE-Day
- Centre page spread in photographs 'How London waited for VE-Day and Celebrated
- The King Says "Crushing Victory"
- World makes Whoopee
- A cloud on the victory horizon
- London refuses to await you-can-celebrate order
- This is our first peace time story.
- Demobilisation may start in 6 weeks
- Princess inspects Grenadiers.
- The Evacuees who may never return
- General decline in prices
- German Tells Germans - 'Ours is utter defeat'
- No surrender to the Russians
- Allied fleet of 48 ships off Oslo
- Japs seeking peace terms
- Goebbles Dead: Sahact found.
- Clubs decide on regional soccer.
- Profit that means loss to listeners
- Todays Radio
- Adverts: Many adverts from the era.
Note: This is a replica document. Dimensions 36cm x 19cm (Tabloid size)