Coronation 1953 - Replica Newspaper
This replica newspaper is a Special Coronation Edition of the
Evening Standard dated Tuesday June 2 1953.
Inside: The Crowned Queen “Pages of Dramatic Pictures of the Day”
News Items include:
- Even the Tsars at their greatest never equalled this.
- A Million in 4-hour rush to cheer.
- Duke is robbed of £30,000 jewels.
- Onward to glory, The Londoners Diary.
- TV millions get Royal close up.
- The Queen congratulates the Everest conquerors.
- March back through the rain and hail.
- Attacks in Nigeria.
- Coronation Television programmes
- Amusements Guide. including: What was on in
London Theatres and Cinemas
- Articles for Sales: including Typewriters for Higher.
Card Wanted, Car Sales
- Situations Vacant: Typewriter Mechanic, Women factory hands,
Capable Lady Secretary.
- Horse Racing results from Haydock, Ripon, Ayr.
- Cricket Results
- Lloyds Bank Limited
- Helen Rubinstein Silk Face Powder
- The Queen is crowned - In colour at cinemas across London
- Moss Bros - Sale on Kensington High Street to Mark the coronation
- The metal box company.
Note: This is a replica Newspaper